Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!


I had a fun Congo birthday today. We cleaned up the last of the flood mess and then I took the afternoon off to work on blogs. Ed came home and drove me down to see how pretty the ocean looks in the middle of the day, when the sky is blue and the temperature is 95 degrees. (We usually see it at 6:30 in the morning).

Our evening highlight, after we called our mission president and got permission, was taking the elders out to a nice dinner at a restaurant on the beach. This is the first time we have been able to do this in 16 months. It's our favorite restaurant in town and the owners and waiters know us. They made it extra special for us.





I've been told that 5 of our 6 children are meeting together tonight with their spouses to have a special birthday party for me in North Carolina. We are supposed to call them at 1:00 in the morning to say HI to all of them. If I am too old to stay up that late, remember that we love all of you. Thanks for all of your support and prayers, that help us know that we are where we should be.

I want to end by saying how much I appreciate my parents and all they have done for us. Thanks for setting the example of being missionaries in Africa over 20 years ago.
; c

Dad, Our phone isn't working tonight, so I won't be able to talk to you. Please give Mom an extra special hug, and a kiss, from me. Whisper in her ear tonight that I think she is wonderful! I love you both so much. I am so glad Heavenly Father sent me to your house to live, and I am grateful that "Families Are Forever." Love, Kriss

2 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Birthday, Kriss! We love you and think of you often doing such wonderful things there in the Congo! We, here in Irvine, hope you have a fantastic birthday and know of all the good you are doing. Thanks for your wondrful examples!
    Love,
    Blake and Dana Murphy and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kriss, Dad tried to Skype with you twice for your birthday and couldn't get to you. He also left a message on your phone line. Dad and Mom are so grateful Heavenly Father sent you to their house to live. They are so honored to have you as their daughter.

    ReplyDelete