Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

One Last Wish...

Truly last minute packing with Ed's suitcase balanced on the garbage can at the Salt Lake Airport.

Then trying to make room for those last items they were told there would be nothing like them in Africa: Powdered Sugar, Brown Sugar, Powdered Cocoa, and Chocolate Chips! (What would dad do w/o Brown Sugar?)
And Ed's last wish was a Krispy Kreme Donut so we made a quick pitstop for breakfast before deciding to pay the few dollars for help with their BAGS.

Thank you Pam for these photos! They are priceless! Good Luck Mom and Dad! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Gates! I am sure you will do wonderful. I just went to the Western DRC (Goma) last summer to see the mountain Gorillas. Africa is crazy and a totally different place (I had never been before) but of all the places I have been it is the place I often find myself wishing I could go back. Are you going to be able to update this blog where there? In Western DRC it was still like the wild west and internet was REALLY sparse. At least where you are going it is supposed to be a little more stable.

    -George Raber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the brown sugar make the cut?

    ReplyDelete